(A Senior Secondary School Affiliated to CBSE Aff. No. 930178)
P. O .Box. 24, Mananthavady P.O., Wayanad District – 670645, Kerala.
Phone: 04935-240809/241195, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomsday 2011. 14th December 2011.
Bloomsday 2011 and Commencement Day of the Class of 2012 will be celebrated on Friday 23rd December 2011.
The school will close for Christmas holidays on the same day. School will re-open on Monday, 2nd January2012.
1. Bloomsday program will start at 4-30 pm. Parents are requested to reach school by 4-15 pm. Coming early will ensure availability of parking space. Late arrivals may have to park on the road. Please be the parental time management role models on Bloomsday and help the school to start the program on time.
2. Personnel in charge of security may try to identify guests as a precautionary measure and restrict entry to people other than parents, family members and their guests. Inconvenience is regretted but security concerns have to be addressed. Please do bear with us.
3. Students’ attendance is mandatory.
3A. All students must wear their ID cards.
4.Students may choose to wear any dress of their choice. But sensible choices should be made that is appropriate for the weather and walking safety.
5. Class 12 students must present themselves in the school’s formal dress code for commencement ceremony. Boys in blazers and tie. Girls in sari. Class 10 students will have their special dress chosen for Bloomsday.
6. Christmas gifts will be presented by Santa during carols.
Students of KG and Classes 1 to 5 should be taken on stage by their parents during carol singing to collect their Christmas gifts.
Students from other classes can collect their gifts along with their class teachers when their turn is announced.
7.On 23rd December (Bloomsday) all school vehicles will start from their normal starting points (Kenichira, Nadavayal, Neervaram, Vellamunda, Ondayangadi, Peruvaka and Engineering College) at 12 noon to pick up participants of stage programs. Those who are not using school transportation need to reach school only by 1 p m. All the participants must come to school after a heavy lunch.
8. Participants must bring milk and snacks for evening tea time. Later in the evening biscuits will be provided from the kitchen. Please tell children to ask for biscuits if they feel hungry after 6-30 PM.
9. Participants must bring school bags. This is for the purpose of carrying their snacks to school and later, after programs, to carry their dress home. We insist on school bags for easy identification. Please explain this to your children.
10. Participants must remove all ornaments. Ear rings also should be removed.
11. Parents of participants in all classes must collect their children immediately after their programs. Teachers will bring them to collecting points in front of the office after each program.
12. Over head protection from chilly weather will be provided. But please make sure all children, especially KG children, carry warm clothes.
13. Photography and videography of the stage programs of Bloomsday by members of the audience are strictly prohibited. Cameras of any kind will not be allowed in the premises.Detailed arrangements are made for professional coverage of the entire program and copies may be ordered of photos and videos.
14. Adverse weather is a possibility that can not be ruled out. Stage construction does take this factor into consideration but seating area is vulnerable to rain. Parents are advised to carry umbrellas in their vehicles if signs of wet weather are prevalent.
15. Driving in the school premises will be monitored with cams and strictly controlled. Drivers are requested to slow down to 5 Kms/hr inside the school premises. Please help and support traffic safety personnel and volunteers dealing with driving safety.
16. Children who come with parents should stay with them throughout the duration of Bloomsday programs. Parents should see to it that their children do not move about in a disorderly manner that negatively impacts decorum. There are vehicles passing by and the risk of anti social elements being around in spite of the security arrangements. Please be on guard and track your children on a full time basis. The fact that they are on familiar grounds offers no protection when there are too many security variables on a day like this.
17. A limited number of Chicken Biriyani packed for take away will be available in the school kitchen for those families who order before 17th December 2010 at a cost of Rs.100 per single pack. Orders should be placed and payments made before December 17th December using the attached slip and coupons kept in hand and handed over to the person in charge at the time of pick up from food stall. Biriyani packs will be distributed 7 PM onwards from the food stall. Please make sure that you carry the coupons on Bloomsday to avoid delay and confusion because the coupons and food packets are personalized with students’ names.
All of us at Hill Blooms look forward to the pleasure of meeting you all on 23rd December for yet another safe and memorable Bloomsday get-together.
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!
================Cut here=============Cut here=============Cut here==================
Name of Student:........................................................ Class:..........
I have read the Bloomsday 2011 letter.
Food service needed or not: YES / NO.If yes, number required:______
Payment for food service on Bloomsday enclosed: Rs:___________
Note: Biriyani serving time: 7 PM. Biriyani serving place: Food stall.
Signature of Parent: